Saturday, September 19, 2015

Crochet Tube



A few years ago I came across a great website with some wonderful tutorials. The website is Tephra's Web Studio. One of the tutorials I enjoyed doing was "Crochet Chain Tubes". I've actually done of few of her tutorials and think they are great! So I do recommend you check that site out as well as try some of her tuts. 

I did this tutorial in 2007 and saved my chain tube creation. I've had it all these years and I use it now and again. I redid all my files once and this one for some reason didn't make it back into my tubes. Well... I found it and exported it back to it's tube folder. It's fun to play around with.

So I thought I would share the link to the tutorial if you would like to try it for yourself, but... I also decided I would share the tube I made in case you get overwhelmed by tutorials and just want to play around with it. 



It's just a fun tube to doodle with.  :)  Now I use PSP 9 so that is what my instructions will be for, but you can adapt it to whatever program you use I'm thinking. 

You can save the flower to the right if you'd like. It's in PNG Format.

Below you find the tube. I have it here in a PNG Format so you just need to right click on it and save it.  Once you have it saved, open the file and choose :

FILE - EXPORT - PICTURE TUBE

You can change the settings later to your liking after you play around with it.


When the menu box comes up enter
Cells Across : 6
Cells Down : 6
Total Cells : (Should read 36)

Placement Mode : Continuous
Step Size : 20
Selection Mode : Angular
Scale : 100 (You can change it later)
Tube Name : Give it a name
OK


The Chains are done in a gray so they work well for colorizing. You can brighten or darken for deeper or lighter color effects.

I do (again) urge you to check out Tephra's Web Studio and try this tutorial on your own to add to your skills. As well as any of her other great tutorials as well. 

This tube is Free to Use and share. It's sooooo much fun to play around with.

Have fun!
Jaided Dreamah

No comments:

Post a Comment