Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gingerbread Men Appliques



So... I decided to fiddle around some. I ended up coming up with these Gingerbread Men Appliques. Their not perfect, but what applique is right? Well, that's what i am telling myself anyway. :) I had fun playing with them and creating them. I wanted to make something festive. Which if you knew me would surprise you. I am not a festive holiday type person as a rule. For some reason though, I decided this year to try harder. So I made the trees the other day and today Gingerbread Men.




Each Gingerbread man comes on their own layer. Please feel free to add to them in any way you wish. I didn't add a mouth because I felt like the mouths I made looked weird. So feel free to fiddle, add, whatever suits your needs.  The only rule I have is to not claim them as your own or remove my "designed by" layer. Other than that... go nuts!



On another note, I wanted to show you some work from a great artist I have the pleasure to know personally. I call him "My Brother" because I have known him since he was 6 years old. He used to draw me all my favorite rock stars when he was just in his early teens. I am one of his biggest fans. His work has gotten so amazing over the years, I find myself bragging because I know him. I have been trying to talk him into whipping up some designs for me to tube. Maybe after Christmas. He does commissions at great prices and he just recently opened an online store to sell some prints of his work. Everything is in the very beginning stages (aside from the work). But I think he deserves an online presence. So please go like his Facebook page and check out his store as well.

Greg Shellmer Art (Facebook Page)

Here are some of his works.
Click image to see larger scale.

Merida in the beginning stages
©Greg Shellmer Art


Wolverine
©Greg Shellmer Art
that he did for a client.
©Greg Shellmer Art


Create, Enjoy…. Dream!
Jaided Dreamah



No comments:

Post a Comment