Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rest in Peace Mr. Williams
















I was sitting here earlier in the evening when I saw a post that Robin Williams was dead at the age of 63 by apparent suicide. Knowing many if these things can be hoaxes I quickly googled and it was verified as being true. I was in shock. 

Even if you weren't a fan, Robin Williams was brilliant. His improvisational skills were unsurpassed. He was an amazing actor both funny and serious. 

But suicide??? How could it be? The man seemed to have it all. A brilliant career, a ton of money, family and friends galore.... How could a man who seems to have it all commit suicide? How?

But truth is... Depression has no predujidce. It can effect anyone. Depression doesn't discriminate between race, economic status etc... Everyone is susseptable.  

One of the biggest problems in this world is showing depression, asking for help has such a negative stigma attached to it. People fear seeking help because of being labeled as "crazy". Too many desperate turn to the only option they feel safe coming to. The stigma needs to be removed. We need to encourage people to speak out and speak up and seek the help they need.

Thanks to emergency counseling I am here today to write this post and I promise you, had I not reached out when I did, I wouldn't be. I have no regrets for the decision I made to reach out. Here I am 10 years later in a place of contentment and peace that I didn't believe then would come. I am here and I am happier than I may have ever been. I still battle depression and anxiety on a regular basis... But having been through what I went through then, I have hope and I have Faith. I know this too shall pass. 

Please... If you suffer from depression and feel like you have no options... REACH OUT!!! I promise you... It gets better. 

I just felt like I needed to speak out about this, as his suicide has me reeling. 

God Bless all those struggling. 

Jaided DREAMAH






No comments:

Post a Comment