Friday, April 4, 2014

A Rollercoaster of a Morning.

I grew up on a street that only had 7 houses on it. A total of 12 apartments within those 7 houses.  My Family took up 5 of those apartments and the Clark Family took up 4.  So obviously our two families dominated the street. I've known the Clark family my whole life.

Shawn Clark was one of the youngest kids. He was an avid skateboarder. Typical kid... pretty much.  When he got older he joined the Marines. He served 2 tours of duty, one in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. He was a very proud Marine. He married and had 2 boys of his own. When his service was up, he came home and opened his own Skateboard shop with his wife.  He was very popular with the local kids... a mentor.

On January 29th, 2013 two "dark skinned males, wearing dark clothing" entered his shop around noon. A fight ensued and carried just outside the shop onto the street.  Shawn was shot multiple times and was pronounced dead when he arrived at the hospital.  A 39 year old Marine who fought for his country... came home and was killed outside his business in broad daylight on the street.  How is this even possible?

His wife... a young widow and his two sons each under the age of 10 have lost so much.

This morning (4/4/2014) I woke up and saw on my Facebook News feed that 2 Suspects have been arrested!!  I literally yelled YAHOO out loud.  It's been over a year.... it was such a huge relief.  A popular News Station posted the story, so I knew it was legit. I was overjoyed!  I quickly went to read the story, but the link wasn't working. It said the story had been removed.  Hmmmm... odd!



I scrolled my news feed a little more and found another link that said "NO arrests have been made" and that the story was a "mistake"..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? My heart sank.... Sank for his Mother, his Wife, his boys, his whole family and everyone who loved him.


I have no idea how this story came to be... out of the blue like that and all.  I went from a great high and feeling so happy to feeling so sad and heartbroken. I cant even imagine what his family went through this morning.

So please pray that Shawn's killers are found and convicted! The family needs justice.

Thank You!
Jaided Dreamah

Here is a link to stories from this case.

UPDATE 4/5/2014 :
It appears as though the two people in custody are indeed the suspects in Shawn's killing. However, they have not filed murder charges yet. They found a gun while executing the search warrant and they are going to test it to connect it to Shawn. We are encouraged and hopeful.

Updated news story link. : Watch it Here

UPDATE 5/15/2014 : Unfortunately the gun tested was not the gun used to kill Shawn. Therefore no charges have been filed at this time. :(

UPDATE 9/3/2015 : This case is still open. There has been no justice for Shawn at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment